Wednesday, April 9, 2014

No-Nonsense Chayaisms -Drinking..Education




Drinking:
 
Do you need alcohol to give you a high? I am so drunk with life and what it has to offer that I cannot dream of bottling it or sipping it socially. There are those who drink to celebrate their victory  and those who drink to drown their sorrows. There are those who drink to pass their time and those who drink to keep up with the Jones’s. I celebrate a victory by sharing it with others…just telling them….I cope with my sorrows myself, drawing on my inner strengths….I pass time reading or listening to music or just looking out of the window at passers by and as for the Jones’s, I am sure they are trying to keep up with me! I have seen more harm done than good with alcohol and I like what a poet said about drinking deep from the fountain of knowledge. I say-say no to alcohol. It is the root cause of many a broken home and ruined careers. If you still want to get ‘high’, here are some suggestions for natural ‘high’-
-          Laughing so hard your face hurts.
-          A hot shower.
-          Giggling.
-          Laughing at yourself.
-          Laughing for absolutely no reason at all.
-          Holding hands with someone you care about.
-          Getting out of bed every morning and thanking God for another beautiful day
Still want to drink? Go for carrot juice-good for the eyes!    

2                      Education:

Acquired degree is not education. I would define it as sensitizing oneself to the surroundings and reacting accordingly. Yes, to get a job, one has to go to college and get those certificates. But to most people it stops there. I remember my grandmother who never entered the portals of a school. But she was an efficient homemaker and educated all her children to do well in life. On the other hand, I have met highly educated women who run a shoddy home, whose children go wayward and are totally disorganized. Unfortunately, our education system is geared to give degrees and not impart true education. It believes that as long as you are able to memorise data and reproduce accurately, your education is safe. Education is the ability to handle your life in a sensible manner. Education is standing up for your rights and doing your duty at home and in society. For those seeking real education, life is the best school and experience, the best teacher. In the final analysis, education is the ability to think for oneself, make decisions and act according to the dictates of ones conscience. These are not necessarily taught in schools or college. 

No comments:

Post a Comment