Monday, April 21, 2014

No-Nonsense Chayaisms-Laughter



Laughter
I come from a family that believes in laughing together. My sense of humour is my greatest asset and it has pulled me through tough times, embarrassing situations and moments of depression. Humour and laughter make a great contribution to both your physical and mental  health. Learning to adopt a lighter attitude and see the funny side of everyday situations gives you the resilience to cope with the travails of life. Being able to laugh at the petty actions of those in the family/workplace, prevents stress. It keeps family politics less messy and social interaction, peaceful. I love reading P G Wodehouse and watch mindless sitcoms that also have a message. My married life was enriched with the laughter of my husband and me  at little pinpricks that crop up between couples. We enjoyed comedy shows and could laugh away the little antics of our children. Laughter is the best healer of misunderstandings…of wounds and disappointments. But laughter should be aimed at oneself and not others!!Here are some jokes to tickle your funny bone!!


*Amit  is 32 years old and he is still single.
One day a friend asked, "Why aren't you married? Can't you find a woman who will be a good wife?"
Amit  replied, "Actually, I've found many women that I have wanted to marry, but when I bring them home to meet my parents, my mother doesn't like them."
His friend thinks for a moment and says, "I've got the perfect solution, just find a girl who's just like your mother."
A few months later they meet again and his friend says, "Did you find the perfect girl? Did your mother like her?"
With a frown on his face, Amit  answers, "Yes, I found the perfect girl. She was just like my mother. You were right, my mother liked her very much."
The friend said, "Then what's the problem?"
Amit replied, "My father doesn't like her."


*An engineer was taking a walk when a frog spoke to him and said, "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a beautiful princess."

He picked up the frog and put it in his pocket.

The frog spoke again and said, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a beautiful princess, I'll become your girlfriend."

The engineer took the frog out of his pocket, smiled at it and put it back into his pocket.

The frog spoke again and said, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a princess, I'll become your wife."

The engineer took the frog out of his pocket again, smiled at it and put it back into his pocket.

Finally, the frog said, "What is the matter? I'm a beautiful princess. Why won`t you kiss me?"

The engineer said, "Look, I'm a busy engineer. I don`t have time for a girlfriend or a wife, but a talking frog, now that's cool."

No comments:

Post a Comment