Saturday, September 7, 2013

It is tough to be Mommy!!




Who is your favourite person?  This was the question we had asked salesmen we were interviewing and almost all of them had nominated their mother.  Fathers did not figure in the form at all!  How come mothers are such a hot favourite?  I asked around and these are my findings….
Mother is always there:
 “When I studied for my SSC exams, it was mum who sat up with me till the wee’ hours”.  “When I got back from school, mum would be at the gate, with a smile on her face…
  “At the school day celebrations, mother would sit in the front row and clap and clap as I went up to receive my prize from the chief guest”… 
“When I had fever, mother would be by my side, keeping my forehead cool with cotton dipped in iced water”….
” When I had to take a tetanus shot, mother would hold my hand” …
 So, mother scores because she’s around when she is needed most.
Mother knows:
“If I had quarreled with the math teacher, mother would advise me to make up…
” If a senior in school bashed me up, mother would tell me how to cope with it… 
“If I had a crush on a girl, mother would give me the right kind of tips”…
”If I fell out with a pal, mother suggested ways to patch up”…
So, mother is the counselor who is older and wiser.
Mother is sympathetic:
“I can always go to mother when I’m depressed and she’ll have an encouraging word”…  “Nothing that I do is wrong.  Even if it is something bad, she makes me realise it, without hurting my ego”… 
“She sees things from my point of view”…
So, mother is the best confidante.
Mother is generous. 
“I never have to worry about running through my allowance, mother always helps”
 “When I want something, all I have to do is tell mum-She’ll forfeit her share of a delicious dish if I ask for it”. 
“If I plead enough, she is willing to finance all my escapades!” …
So, mother is the secret financier, who doesn’t demand her pound of flesh.
Mother is forgiving:
“When I do something wrong, I have to just apologise and mother forgets and forgives”… 
“All my misdeeds are pardoned if I can convince mother it was because I couldn’t help it!”..
“A tear, a pout and I’m absolved of all my misdemeanors!”
So Mother is the one endowed with divine quality of forgiveness.
 Mother is mother: “It’s difficult to explain but I feel she is like an anchor one can depend on, while traveling on the high seas of life”.
Being a mother is a frightfully responsible job!

No comments:

Post a Comment