Tired of cooking...need a break from routing....want to celebrate.... meet someone special.. There are many reasons why we go out to eat in a restaurant. What we look forward to is good food and courteous service, not to mention a friendly environment. Let us take a look at some of the things that go to make eating out a pleasant experience.
- You are in the Hospitality industry so be warm, friendly and helpful. If you set the trend, the rest of the staff will follow your footsteps.
- Make sure the crockery, cutlery and table liner are clean and in good shape
- Move around the restaurant and exchange pleasantries with the guests
- If a customer is dissatisfied with the food or service, give him a patient hearing and do something about it.
- Get to know the names of the regular customers and greet them.
- Treat all customers with genuine courtesy.
Remember, you have come to eat and not to ciriticise.
- Make up your mind about what you want to order and do not keep changing the order.
- Once you tell the waiter what you want, sit back and relax, till he brings the food. If you are in a hurry, go to a fast food joint
- Be polite to the waiters and not whistle to catch their attention! Observe his mane tag and address him by that.
- If you are unhappy about the food or service, ask for the manager and without raising your voice, politely tell him what's wrong. Do not make a scene.
- If you take children, keep an eye on them and see they do not run around and disturb other customers.
- If you are happy with the food, convey your appreciation to chef through the waiter or the manager.
- Do not walk away with the cutlery or table napkin, as a memento.
- Eat without spilling food all over the table.
- Do help your child while he is eating so that he does not mess up the place.
- If your child throws a tantrum, take him out so that others are not disturbed.
- Speak softly and do not have arguments at the table.
Eating out can be a great experience. It is up to you to make it so!